Revolution, creators of Broken Sword and a market leader in the adventure gaming sector, is looking for a passionate and motivated Animator to join our team. The position will be based in York, UNESCO City of Media Art at our offices in the Shambles, or from an external location (to be discussed through application process).
You will be working alongside our designers, with a primary emphasis on integrating character and prop animations. You’ll be covering a wide area of human animations, working on the body, facial, motion capture, and key frame animations involved throughout the project.
- Demonstrate an outstanding demo reel of your work.
- Be personable - a team player, whose temperament will add to a friendly working environment and are comfortable to express their thoughts and ideas freely.
- Show strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work closely with Artists. Designers and Programmers.
- Have excellent time management and organisation, and must meet project deadlines without compromising on quality of work.
- Have a good knowledge of Autodesk Maya and/or Motionbuilder animation tools.
- Have excellent keyframe animation skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Motion Capture.
- Character Rigging and Skinning experience.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Lip-syncing animation/software experience.
The contract would run over the period of the project development (subject to a probationary period), with option to extend to following projects.
As we are a small team you must be flexible, and be happy to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks related to your role.
If you are interested in being part of a highly skilled team who are working on original, narrative-based games, in a creative atmosphere, and meet these criteria then please send your CV with salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject-line "Animator Application".