Revolution, creators of Broken Sword and a market leader in the adventure gaming sector, is looking for a passionate and motivated Gameplay Programmer to join our team on the production of ‘Beyond a Steel Sky’. The position will be based at our studio in the Shambles, located in the medieval heart of York, UNESCO City of Media Art, or remotely but within travelling distance (subject to discussion during the interview).
Come join Revolution and work as part of a friendly team of programmers and designers. The nature of the job is varied with an initial focus on supporting our UE4 Blueprint script team. We have a talented team making a highly ambitious sequel to one of our most beloved titles Beneath a Steel Sky - we are looking for a force multiplier to help us across the finishing line.
We need you to have:
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Have made a game (doesn’t need to be a huge project), this could be AAA, indie or both, but needs to demonstrate that you are able to design and implement gameplay from conception through to a final polished product.
- Understanding of optimisation and technical limitations.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges.
- Clear and concise communication.
- An eye for detail.
- Adaptable and collaborative.
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
It would be great if you also have:
- Shipped at least one commercial title on current gen consoles.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
The contract would run over the period of the project development (subject to a probationary period), with option to extend to following projects.
As we are a relatively small but core team you must be flexible, and be happy to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks related to your role.
If you are interested in being part of a highly skilled team who are working on original, narrative-based games, in a creative atmosphere, and meet these criteria then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject-line "Gameplay Programmer Application".