Senior Technical Designer
Revolution, creators of Broken Sword and a market leader in the adventure gaming sector, is looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Technical Designer to join our team on the production of ‘Beyond a Steel Sky’. The position will be based at our studio in the Shambles, located in the medieval heart of York, UNESCO City of Media Art.
Come join Revolution and work as part of a friendly team of designers. The nature of the job is varied, with a focus around scripting using UE4 and Blueprints. We have a talented team making a highly ambitious sequel to one of our most beloved titles Beneath a Steel Sky - we are looking for a force multiplier to help us across the finishing line.
We need you to have:
- Strong technical skills with UE4 experience in Blueprints.
- Ability to analyse the work of others, and mentor team members.
- Good knowledge of game and level design principles.
- Understanding of optimisation and technical limitations.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges.
- Clear and concise communication.
- An eye for detail.
- Adaptable and collaborative.
- 2 years experience in a senior role.
It would be great if you also have:
- Shipped at least one commercial title on current gen consoles.
- Interest in other disciplines inside Unreal, such as animation and materials.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#.
The contract would run over the period of the project development (subject to a probationary period), with option to extend to following projects.
As we are a relatively small but core team you must be flexible, and be happy to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks related to your role.
If you are interested in being part of a highly skilled team who are working on original, narrative-based games, in a creative atmosphere, and meet these criteria then please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject-line: "Senior Technical Designer Application".